This is Week Five: Recovering A Sense of Possibility. We will examine our payoffs in staying stuck, and how we limit the Good we receive. We will also examine the cost of of settling for appearing good instead of being authentic – from Monday June 7th to Sunday July 13th 2008.
* daily morning pages [non-negotiable]
* artist’s date [non-negotiable]
* Explore this idea: are you self-destructive?
* What would you try if it wasn’t too crazy?
* What would you do if it wasn’t too selfish?
* Answer the Virtue Trap Quiz – does your life serve you or only others? Are you self-destructive?
* Forbidden Joys: list 10 things you love and would love to do, but are not allowed to do. Post your list somewhere highly visible.
* Wish List: finish the sentence “I wish_____” 18 times, as quickly as possible. The last question in the series, number 19, is “I most especially wish_______”
* “The reason I can’t really believe in a supportive God/Goddess/Universe is…” List five grievances.
* Start an Image File: If I had either faith or money, I would try… list five desires. For the next week, be alert for images of these desires. When you spot them, clip them, buy them, photograph them, collect them somehow. Start a file with these images, and continue to add to it for the duration of this course. [you can use the Flickr group that Di started for this purpose!]
* One more time, list five imaginary lives. Have they changed? Are you doing more parts of them? You can add images of these lives to your image file, too.
* If I were 20 and had money… list 5 adventures. [add images to your file!]
* If I were 65 and had money… list 5 postponed pleasures. [images, please!]
* Ten ways I am mean to myself are…
* Ten items I would like to own that I don’t are… [images!]
* Honestly, my favourite creative block is… [tv, over-reading, friends, work, rescuing others, overexercise…?] Cartoon yourself indulging in this block.
* My payoff for staying blocked is… [you may want to explore this in your Morning Pages.]
* The person I blame for being blocked is… [again, good fodder for Morning Pages.]
Don’t forget to check in with yourself, and note any synchronicity from this week! Perhaps try starting a conversation with a friend about synchronicity.
In case you forget the link, cluster-folk, here it is: http://blogcarnival.com/bc/submit_4389.html